Monday, April 22, 2013

Colorblock Place Mat

As the old saying goes, practice makes perfect, right? Well, that's my plan these days as as beginner quilter- I'm trying to work on (attainable) projects that give me the chance to try/practice new techniques and skills. With that in mind, here's my Colorblock Place Mat:

Colorblock Place Mat - Mitten to Apple original
Using Hobby Lobby fabric and a pattern I dreamed up, this little project let me practice piecing, quilting, and binding on a manageable scale.


My sewing machine came with a handy quilting bar attachment that helped me keep the quilting lines perfectly spaced.



I ended up machine binding the place mat, and I have a lot of work to do in that department. The binding is functional, but leaves a lot to be desired in terms of visual appeal... I guess that means it's time for more practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment