Friday, April 19, 2013

Something new...

I love to create! And thanks to the unwavering support of my family, the past few years I've enjoyed all sorts of creative endeavors. So I've begun this simple blog as a record of the things I'm up to these days.

To start things off, here's my first quilt: In Color Order's Patchwork Chevron Quilt. Of course, I didn't think my first "real" sewing project would be a quilt (I could have made something a little smaller, right?), but while visiting a fabric store with my mom recently I fell in love with the Paradise Blooms collection by Hoffman Fabrics. So I purchased what I needed according to In Color Order's super helpful tutorial, and set out to finish my first quilt top.

To be honest, I didn't think I'd ever finish it, but wouldn't you know it... I did!


In Color Order's Patchwork Chevron Quilt - process photos

As you can see from the cell phone photos above, the steps to creating the top were really simple and the top is finally finished. A family friend is taking care of the quilting for me (thank goodness - I definitely wasn't ready to tackle that yet), and I can't wait to get it back... once the quilting is complete and I sew on the binding, I'll be back with a final reveal, because I'm very proud of my first quilt!


Quilt top and backing

No comments:

Post a Comment