Monday, April 29, 2013

Little Yellow Taxi

The other day, my cousin visited the city with her baby boy. We were meeting for brunch, and I wanted to make him something to remember his first visit to the "Big Apple." Since he's around 18 months, I whipped up a little, yellow taxi - a common sight on the streets of NYC!


Stuffed NYC taxi - Mitten to Apple original

Using fabric markers (in black and grey ink), I drew a simple taxi on yellow cotton fabric. After adding some iron-on fleece to the back of the fabric, I sandwiched it (wrong sides together) with another piece of cotton and sewed around the taxi shape.



After turning it right-side out, stuffing it with fiberfill, and hand-sewing up the closure, the little taxi was finished... I hope my cousin's little boy will enjoy his little piece of the big city after he's gone home!

No comments:

Post a Comment